When Does It Make Sense to Invest In Time Clock Software?
Time clock software is incredibly useful for businesses of all shapes and sizes, including restaurants, bars, retailers, manufacturing companies, auto body shops, and more.
It makes sense for teams with hourly employees because the right software can help you:
- Optimize and automate your payroll processes
- Access paid and unpaid time off management tools
- Get a clear picture of possible overtime and absences
- Track mobile and job site hours for field service teams
- Stay in compliance with labor laws and regulations
- Avoid employees clocking in for each other
1 – Homebase
Homebase offers various free small business tools designed to help you track time and manage your team.
Some of those solutions include scheduling, timesheets, hiring, team communications.
You can install it on tablets, computers, mobile devices, and POS systems, so you’re covered regardless of how your team clocks in every day.
However, if you’re looking for more advanced features like health and safety screenings, performance management, time off management, or budgeting, you’ll have to upgrade to a paid plan.
2 – ClockShark
If you manage mobile employees who are continuously hopping from one job site to the next, ClockShark is our top recommendation.
Other time clock software may do okay for your field service business, but if you’re a group of technicians, on-site trainers, consultants, or mobile customer support reps, ClockShark is made specifically for you.
Furthermore, you can track individual tasks for job costing and payroll, which provides deep insight into how your employees work and how long specific tasks take to complete.
OnTheClock is entirely free for one or two employees. Beyond that, each employee is $2.50 per month, with per-employee discounts after ten employees.
On top of that, there are even deeper discounts if you’re an educational institution, a government agency, a church, or a nonprofit organization.
When you sign up, you get access to every feature OnTheClock has to offer, including:
- Web-based, mobile, kiosk, group, and biometric time clocks
- Employee self-service dashboard
- Automatic time cards and reports
- Overtime and PTO calculations
- Tip and bonus reporting
- Time off management
- Scheduling and break calculations
- Salaried employee support